Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Starting My 30 Days of Gratitude Scrapbook

30 Days of Hands-on Gratitude

Every November I look forward to seeing posts online from people celebrating "30 Days of Gratitude." I've always thought this was a really neat way to honor the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday. Each of us, no matter how hard our daily lives might seem, are blessed in so many ways, and gratitude for those blessings is key to finding joy in this life.

That said, I'm not very good at putting my blessings into words. I know them, and I feel them, but how to describe them usually escapes me. So with November fast approaching, I've been trying to think of a more hands-on way that I, too, could celebrate and share my 30 Days of Gratitude. Last night I finally hit on an idea that will work for me: this November, I'm going to make a 30 Days of Gratitude scrapbook!

I was so excited about this idea that I couldn't wait two more weeks to get started. So today I played around with my Cricut cutting machine and put together my first album page. I'll wait until November 1st to add photos, but now I've got the bones in place for a gratitude project that I can't wait to work on and share!

How I Made this Scrapbook Page

To make this first page for my 30 Days of Gratitude scrapbook, I mostly just used paper. First I poked around in the images that came with my "Flower Market" Cricut cartridge (my current favorite). Then I put together a little Fall branch basket bouquet from some of those images using Cricut's Design Space software. Once I had the scene all set up, all I had to do was click 'Go', and then load the various colors of papers on sticky mats as the machine prompted me to do so.

Assembling the scene on paper was a little tricker than it was online, because the Cricut divided the images between sheets of paper by color. Some of the elements were also multi-layered, so I had to figure out what went with what. Not a problem, really, but not as easy as if I had just printed out the scene. Sorry the photo's not better -- I was crafting in the early morning hours today, when the light in my house isn't very good.

30 Days of Gratitude Scrapbook - Page 1


Once I had my branch basket bouquet reassembled, I glued it down to a 6-x-8-inch sheet of cardstock, because this is the size of my scrapbook album. Next I stamped the title -- "Count your blessings" -- and accented it with a little acorn cut-out.

Finally, I made some mattes for my photos. Although I'm not sure yet which photos I'll attach here, three mattes fit well with the rest of the design. I just happen to have three children, so maybe I'll add a photo of each of them to these! :-)

Materials Used

I used these materials to make my scrapbook page:
  • Cardstock - White Daisy, Saddle, Fern, Saffron, Poppy, Peacock
  • Patterned Papers from the Enchantment Fundamentals (Saffron, Sapphire) and the Swan Lake paper pack
  • Chocolate ink
  • "With You" stamp set
  • Flower Market Cricut cartridge
(All materials by Close To My Heart)

What Do You Think?

Please leave me a comment and let me know. Thanks for reading! :-)







0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding a little extra sunshine to my day!