Monday, October 10, 2016

Sending You Sunshine & Laughter

Sunshine & Laughter greeting card by Deedee Anderson


Sunshine and laughter are two of the greatest blessings we have in this life, don't you think? Both can change the whole feel of a day in such a wonderful way, and I can't imagine life without either! That's why, when I came across this sentiment stamp in a box of old stamps recently -- "Sending you sunshine and laughter" -- I set it in a really prominent place on my craft table.

Seeing this little stamp every day helps me in two ways. First, it reminds me to be thankful for the things in life that seem small but are actually hugely important, like sunshine and laughter. Second, in those times when I'm struggling with card making, it gives me perspective. This sweet sentiment stamp reminds me that card making isn't about meeting deadlines, living up to others' expectations, or keeping up with the latest trends. It's simply about reaching out to others and letting them know you care. Sometimes people need a little extra sunshine and laughter in their day, and handmade cards are the perfect way to send it to them!

How I Made This Card

Today's share is a card of encouragement, so it seemed only fitting to use the stamp that encourages me so much! I paired it with this adorable little girl stamp by Whipper Snapper Designs. She's an older stamp that I don't think they make anymore, but she's one of my go-to's for encouragment cards, because she was a gift from a dear friend when I was going through a tough time. I colored her up with Prismacolor pencils, and then fussy cut her out. Once I got the layers set up, I attached her with foam tape for dimension.


Closer View - Sunshine & Laughter handmade card by Deedee Anderson


Using these older stamps inspired me to dig deep into my stash, and so everything else I used on this card is also older materials. The patterned papers are remnants from a 2009 stack by Basic Grey (who's no longer even in business), and the two shades of blue cardstock are left over from baby shower invitations I made for my nephew 14 years ago! The scalloped rectangle piece was made with the first set of dies I ever bought, and the hearts accents are negatives from a border punch that have been laying in a drawer for at least 5 years. Talk about stash busting! Last but not least, I used the current layout from Retro Sketches -- "where every sketch is a blast from our past." Yep, it's definitely an oldies but goodies kind of card!

Challenge Shares

I'm sharing my card today for these challenges:

ABC Challenges - Q is for Quick (Simple cards)

Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes

Retro Sketches - Sketch #235

The Crazy Challenge - Use the Color Red

Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes + Positive Sentiment

What Do You Think?

Please leave a comment and let me know! :-)





5 comments :

  1. So cute Dee Dee and I so agree with the sentiment. Love the frame around your little girl image. It brought sunshine and laughter to my day. Thank you for your prayers for the twins. I think it will be a while before we get them home but the Lord will make that work I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Donna! Yes, God will make it His work to look after the twins. They are in the best hands of all! :-)

      Delete
  2. What a cute card, love the image and your sentiment is sweet. Thanks for joining our ABC Challenge - Q is for Quick , hugs, Carol DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol! I had fun putting this one together, and appreciate the chance to share it at ABC Challenges.

      Delete
  3. So sweet card! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge! Good Luck! Valentina DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding a little extra sunshine to my day!