Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Marbled Fall Cards with Shaving Cream Technique Paper

Card made with handmade marbled paper and Lovely Leaves stamp set by Close to My Heart


Getting Crafty with Shaving Cream and Stamps

Last week I made some marbled papers in Fall colors using reinkers. I love how the papers turned out! Today I finally got a chance to use a little of it on a couple of cards.

How I Made These Cards

For this first card, I stamped the marbled paper with leaf images from the new Lovely Leaves stamp set by Close To My Heart.  The brown ones show up pretty well, but the greens and yellows sort of blend in with the swirls on the paper.

For decoration, I added just a bit of olive organdy ribbon and a wood veneer. The idea was to keep that part simple since there are already so many colors and patterns already in the background. The papers are mostly by DCWV, except the red which is from the Enchantment Cardstock pack by Close To My Heart. The copper metallic strips are pieces of the new Metallic Poster Board by Cricut.

Card made with marbled paper


I used a different sketch but the same colors and papers for this second card. I also skipped the leaves in the background, so that the marbled effect on the paper shines on its own.

Isn't that little owl wood veneer adorable? The wood veneers for both cards are from the Woodland Forest Collection by Pebbles. So many of these images fit Fall cards perfectly!

Challenge Shares

I'm sharing my leaf card for these challenges today:

* Fab & Funky - Fall colors

* Stampin' Royalty - Color challenge

* Splitcoast Stampers - Sketch challenge

* Everybody Art Challenge - Leaves

* Heart 2 Heart Challenges - Use Close to My Heart stamps

* September Sketch Challenge at Scrapbook.com

* Crafty Catz - Anything Goes + Fall Colors

What Do You Think?

Please leave a comment and let me know! :-)





6 comments :

  1. Such beautiful colours Deedee, love the cards.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous Autumnal cards Deedee. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us at Fab 'n' Funky this week for our 'Autumn Colours' Challenge. Love what you did for this challenge. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous call cards. Really like how your paper turned out. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. hugs, Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background papers! I'll have to try this technique. Thanks for sharing at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these backgrounds you have created are beautiful and pair so well with the leaves and that adorable owl! Thanks for joining us at H2H challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love your fall cards, Deedee! Fall is my favourite season and I love these fall colours. Your marbled background looks fabulous - I will go check out the tutorial you linked. The owl is adorable! Your first card is my favourite - I love the stamped leaves in the background! I need to get started on my fall cards - thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding a little extra sunshine to my day!