Saturday, July 16, 2016

Smile! - Cat Selfie Card


Kitty Takes a Selfie

Are you in need of a smile today? If so, then have a peek at this cute little kitty. Isn't he precious?!? He's a digi from DigiStamp Boutique, and he definitely makes me smile. While working on another project today, I remembered that I had a darling Polaroid camera stamp set from Close to My Heart that this kitty would look perfect peeking out of. So Kitty took a selfie, and a pretty cute one at that!

How I Made This Card

To make this card, I first printed the kitty digi on white cardstock. Then I colored him up with Copic markers, and fussy cut him out and set him aside.

Next I stamped the Polaroid picture image once in black ink on white cardstock, and then again on patterned paper. I cut out the center piece from the patterned paper and layered it over the center piece of the image that I'd stamped on the white cardstock. I thought that made a good garden-like background for the picture.

I layered the kitty on to the frame with foam dimensional tape. This way he seems to be climbing right out of the photo. It seemed only logical to stamp and color up the Polaroid camera image as an accent.

Materials Used

I used these materials to make this Kitty selfie card:

  • "Cute Kitty Set" digital stamp set by Digistamp Boutique
  • "Life in Pictures" acrylic stamp set by Close to My Heart (Past Stamp of the Month = Retired)
  • Neenah white cardstock
  • Patterned paper from my scraps stash
  • Memento "Tuxedo Black" ink
  • Copic markers
  • Orange washi tape
  • Stick-on button from the "You're Invited" collection by BoBunny
  • Orange and white baker's twine

Challenge Shares

I'm sharing my card for these challenges today:

As You Like It -- "Trademark Style & Why"

Addicted to Stamps and More -- "Make Your Mark" (Used markers)

Through the Craftroom Door -- Always anything goes


The ladies over at As You Like It have asked me to share how this card shows my "trademark style." First, there's a scene of sorts. I love to craft scenes! This one features a darling, hand-colored little furry friend, as do most of my projects. I've included cheerful colors, images that are fussy cut and popped up with dimensional tape, and just a little bit of simple, "homey" embellishing.

What Do You Think?

Please leave me a comment and let me know! :-)


26 comments :

  1. A lovely card. A cute kitty and lovely idea with the camera and photo. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card DeeDee certainly brought a smile to my face. So cute, beautiful colouring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Aileen -- glad I could make you smile!

      Delete
  3. Adorable kittie, Dee Dee! Love how you colored him (or her!). Thanks so much for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lee Ann! I think it's a 'him' -- ha ha -- in my brain anyway!

      Delete
  4. It truly is a darling scene with this cute little furball peeking out that window. Enjoyed reading how you went about crafting the scene, and glad to see you blogging again. Changed the new link, and will add in to my next post! I'm your newest follower, so hope some of my friends will jump over to join up too! Hugs & TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! So glad you stopped by -- I've missed you! Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm really out of practice with card making, but hopefully I'll be back in the groove soon. Hugs!

      Delete
  5. Adorable! So glad yer getting inky again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deedee! So glad to see you again!!! I've added you into my Feedly so I can keep up with you. : ) Your card is so sweet. Cute cards are my favorite! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, what a cute scene you have created Deedee! I love that sweet kitty and she/he is so cute peeking out of the Polaroid frame. Love the camera too, it is perfect with this little scene. Glad to see you back making cards! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Deedee, and welcome back to blog land! I'm so sorry your blog went poof, but the new one will be around for a while I'm sure :) What an adorable kitty card, and I love the whole polaroid idea - he looks beyond cute peeking from the frame! I hope all is well on your end, and I've missed you! Take care, and thanks for following my blog :) See you around blogland again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey DeeDee! So great to see you crafting again...you've inspired me to start stamping again too. I will need to get my blog back and running again too....hmmm, wonder if mine is still "alive"...LOL!!! Such a cute card - I just love the kitty!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zella! Oh yes -- your blog is still there -- I saw it last night when I was jumping around to the sites I could remember -- ha ha! Can't wait to see you crafting again. I love the sweetness of your cards. Hugs!

      Delete
  10. WooHoo!! So happy to hear from you, and then to see that you're back to creating, Deedee! I look forward to seeing much more, and keeping in touch again! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card, Deedee!! I'm so glad you are crafting again. I've missed you. We'd love to have you link this up at Wird Art Wednesday too. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. So VERY HAPPY to see you again, missed your images and style. This shows it up. Love it.
    Have a happy week and hope ALL is OK with you and the family.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. so glad to see you're back to blogging.
    you should join BLOGLOVIN so we can follow you with every post you do.

    WELCOME BACK

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. that little kitty cat is adorable! super cute in the photo frame. :) I've joined your blog as a follower, but I confess that I'm rubbish at leaving comments. just a heads up so you don't get offended if I breeze by....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, Deedee! OMGoodness, this kitty is so adorable! I love your card design with the Polaroid photo and camera! I just rejoined your blog as a new follower after reading your news about your blog being deleted - that's awful! I just had a similar problem in facebook - they locked my account because they didn't like my name of Fit Kitty and they closed the "case" so I could no longer communicate with them about it. Long story short, I had to start all over in facebook with a new name (Karen Garber) - it was a real pain so I can only imagine what a pain it would be to start a new blog! Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this! Adorable.Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A Lovely and beutiful make !! Love The colours !!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Cicci :0)
    TTCRD DT
    Cicci Vid Pennan {Welcome to visit my blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just too cute, Deedee! Love that kitty and the camera. The "Smile" sentiment is perfect. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  20. super cute card, love the image and style too! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding a little extra sunshine to my day!