Thursday, July 21, 2016

You're Fin-tastic Encouragement Card




Sometimes you just need to let someone know how fantastic they are. What better way than with a handmade card? The Fin-tastic Friends stamp set by Lawn Fawn is perfect for making greeting cards to do just that!

Cards to Encourage

I love to make cards to encourage others. Besides birthdays and Christmas, this is the main reason I make greeting cards. Normally I try to craft each card with the recipient in mind, but sometimes things come up and I need a card in a hurry. Know what I mean? So I do keep a little stash on hand, too, just for those times.

You're Fin-tastic Card

Although I didn't have anyone specific in mind, this new card of encouragement will be a helpful addition to my stash. To make this card, I used the wonderful "Fintastic Friends" stamp set by Lawn Fawn.

What I love about this set (besides how stinking cute it is!) is the number of images it includes. The tank, various fish, hermit crab, and bubbles that I used here are all individual stamps, and there are still more stamps in the set than those I used. As someone who loves to create scenes, this set is right up my alley! I have to admit that I've had it for a while now, and this is the first time I've used it, but it will be getting a lot more use from now on.

How I Made This Card



To make this card, I first stamped the tank on white cardstock, followed by the critters inside the tank. Then I colored them all with Copic markers.

I thought one of the fish needed to be jumping out of the tank, to show how truly fin-tastic he or she is. So I stamped and then fussy cut that one and then popped it up with some foam tape. Next to that fish, I drew some little movement lines to show the jump.

One funny thing about making this card: although the design is simple, it took hours to finish because my jumping fish kept getting away. At one point, somehow, the little critter attached himself to my hair, and it took me forever to find it -- lol! What a truly fin-tastic fish!

Materials Used

The materials used to make this card include:
  • Lawn Fawn "Fintastic Friends" stamp set
  • Neenah white cardstock
  • Memento Tuxedo black ink
  • Copic markers
  • White Prismacolor pencil
  • Designer papers by American Crafts
  • Purple glitter paper by DCWV
  • Orange and white baker's twine
  • Red button
  • Foam dimensional tape

Challenge Shares

I'm sharing my card today for these challenges:

The Sketch File -- Use one of the July "Bunch of Five" sketches (I chose the five circles)

Lawnscaping Challenges -- Lawn Fawn stamps plus "Rainbow Inspired"

Tuesday Throwdown -- Favorite embellishments (buttons and twine are always my favorites to use!)

7 Kids College Fund Challenge -- Anything Goes + products from 7 Kids College Fund (this is where I get my Lawn Fawn stamps)

What Do You Think?

Please leave a comment and let me know! :-)



12 comments :

  1. TFS your stamping adventures with a fly-away fish! LOL This is really cute with lots of cute details. Lawn Fawn never made anything I don't like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I was looking for the like button... Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny about the little fish getting caught in your hair! LOL! I've had similar things happen before too Deedee.
    Love your fun and cute card. The circles are a perfect addition too. Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this card is really Fin-tastic!
    I love it!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cute encouragement card Deedee! I agree with you on this LF stamp set, it is truly an adorable set with lots of stamps in it! It is very good to have some cards like this on hand! And yes, that is one "fin"tastic fish you have!!! lol Glad I'm not the only one who loses things and then finds them attached to myself. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just sooo cute, Deedee! I know what you mean about keeping a few cards on hand for occasions when you need something immediately and have no time to make it right then. Encouragement cards are always great to have in the stash. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and colorful card DeeDee. Those little fish and uplifting message would make anyone smile. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card = I love how the circles from the sketch have been used.

    Thanks for playing along with The Sketch File this time around, we hope you'll join in again soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Fintastic card, I did have a chuckle about the fish in your hair.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, this is just so darn cute! Love the sentiment and the delightful way you've layered the circles. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sketch File.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! I love your aquarium scene and all those fun circles. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    Kim - TT DT
    www.lilypatchstamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I really like your colorful fish! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding a little extra sunshine to my day!